On January 1-4 I had the opportunity to attend a faith based conference in Atlanta, Georgia known as Passion. For those of you who do not know what Passion is, like I didn't, you are in luck!
Passion is a four day conference where 18-25 year olds come to Worship and praise together. I had personally never heard of Passion until a few months before attending.
I had heard from many people that Passion was a life changing experience. I had been to MANY conferences like Passion before. What I experienced at Passion is, honestly, unexplainable. There is something about worshiping and praising our Lord and Savior with 60 Thousand of your peers that is so moving.
The music was WONDERFUL. I have always been the type of person who music speaks to me more so than words! The music was so moving!
Something else I really enjoyed was called Community Groups, that was made up of about 6,000 people in each group. Within that group you split into groups of 8 people. These people would be your family for the next four days! My family group made Passion for me! My family was made up of a group of people who were completely different and so similar at the same time! I cannot thank my family group enough for all that they did for me that week! So if by chance Alex, Bryce, Grace, Samantha, Thomas, Trey or Kirstie see this, I want to thank you for being so supportive and amazing that week!
There were many wonderful aspect of Passion but there is one I really want to touch on. One of the main focuses this year was the problem of Slavery in the world today. I, like many people, did not realize how bad that Slavery was in todays world! So here are a few facts on slavery.
27,000,000...There are 27 MILLION Slaves within 161 countries. 200,000 of those slaves are located in the United States and in 2013 they estimate around 17,500 more people to be inslaved in the US alone. That is 48 people A DAY. 80% of slaves world wide are women. 50% are CHILDREN and within the next 120 seconds another child will be sold into slavery.
During our time at Passion, one night we took time out to shine a light on slavery! Everyone had a candle and we stood with our candles high and counted down until a massive light about 3 miles tall was turned on. That is to show we would not and will not stand for Slavery! We are in it to end it!
So how can we
help, you may be asking? How can we make a difference? You can sign the Pleadge to END IT! But do
not just stop there, find a way to help within the community! YOU can make a
difference. We are the choosen generation! God is calling upon us for help, are
you going to listen?
(click image to go to End it)
(click image to go to Passion)
Much Love,
Hannah!




No comments:
Post a Comment